Welcome to StageMilk Drama School
StageMilk Drama School is our flagship 8 week online training program that has now helped over 250 students take their acting to the next level. This is an in depth, highly personal course designed to inspire, educate and refocus your acting career.
A VERY SPECIAL COURSE STARTING SEPTEMBER 18th 2023
Take your acting career
to the next level
12 PLACES AVAILABLE
STAGEMILK DRAMA SCHOOL MAKES HIGH QUALITY ACTING TRAINING AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE
For many getting the quality training you need to act at a professional level can be really hard. That’s why we created StageMilk Drama School. To give practical, hands-on industry level training to actors at an affordable price.
A Practical Course
Learn the essential habits, principles and techniques used by professional actors. A no fat, easy to follow 8 week drama school.
This is an interactive course. Throughout the weeks we will give you detailed feedback on your work to make sure you are developing as an actor.
We Are Here For You
We are available anytime you need us throughout the course, have a question or need help? Simply email, message or live chat with us whenever you need.
Learn at your own Pace
On the Monday of each week you will gain access to that weeks course materials which you can work through at your own pace and have access to for a lifetime.
Individual Zoom Calls
Throughout the course your tutors will call you for one on one calls to discuss your acting career and give you more feedback.
Fun and Interactive
As part of this course you will get to contact Andrew and the StageMilk team through email, live video calls and our video content. We are here to help you anytime you need advice throughout the course.
THE WEEKLY MODULES
Click the modules below to explore each week of the course.
Week 1 - Discovery Week
- We get to know you as an actor. We get to see where your career is at, and what your specific goals are.
- This week includes your first project – an audition monologue. We give you detailed, personalised feedback on your acting, so you can start improving straight away.
- We dive into the acting process and get your development started. We look at some of the core acting philosophies and hear from our first acting expert Chris Edmund.
- Learn how to nail audition monologues with our 10 monologue tips. Your auditions will never be the same again!
Week 2 - Voice
- Master the fundamentals of voice: breath, support, resonance, articulation and forward placement.
- Learn to use your voice confidently in any space and on any text.
- An expert tutorial with leading voice coach Gabrielle Rogers.
- A comprehensive vocal warm up that can be used for a lifetime.
Week 3 - Movement
- Learn to be confident, and comfortable in your body.
- We teach you movement techniques that improve your acting.
- A physical warm up that will benefit your acting straight away. We teach you practical exercises to improve flexibility, expression and strength.
- Movement is an integral part of acting training and we get one of the best movement coaches in the country to explain how to be a better mover.
Week 4 - Shakespeare
- Master Shakespearean language and take on the challenge of Shakespeare.
- Be confident acting the classics and learn some of the core acting techniques using a Shakespeare monologue.
- Learn acting techniques for the stage. Improve your acting craft on complex text and be confident auditioning and performing Shakespeare.
Week 5 - Plays
- Practical acting techniques to add into your acting toolbox. Be confident approaching any scene or monologue.
- Explore acting techniques through contemporary/modern texts. We explore the 5 essential acting concepts.
- We cut the fat and show you our favourite acting tips, tricks and insights.
Week 6 - Script Work
- How to break down any scene for stage or screen.
- How to be a detective and work out a character so that your performance comes to life.
- Take a script from first read to finished performance.
- We work through a scene using all the major acting techniques. You will have all the resources you need to nail any scene.
Week 7 - Screen
- Screen acting basics. Learn how to act for camera.
- Technical tricks to nail screen roles. Learn how acting for camera is different from stage.
- Get comfortable and confident in front of the camera so that you can start landing film and TV roles.
Week 8 - Landing Roles
- How to overcome nerves and audition with confidence.
- Learn how to audition for Commercials, TV, Film and Theatre.
- Master the art of self testing (auditioning from home).
- Everything you need to know to start landing serious acting roles.
- We give you some great insights into how to have a sustainable career and remain happy and healthy in what can often be a challenging industry.
A sneak peek at how the course looks inside…
“It’s clean, crisp, seamless and ultra user friendly. I’m used to slow and clunky systems that are an impediment to learning: yours is a work of beauty.” Stephen
A few little teasers from the course
Breaking down the story
A look inside the course
“What an excellent eight weeks. It was core changing for me. I needed this even though I live in Midtown Manhattan. I had to go all the way to Australia to be pumped! StageMilk Drama School Thank you!”
A few words from our past students
StageMilk Drama School Alumni
TEACHERS & EXPERTS
Actor / Producer / Director
Showreel Expert (JJ Splice)
TEACHERS & EXPERTS
Over the 8 weeks you will hear from agents, voice coaches, movement coaches, casting directors, showreel producers, headshot photographers, acting coaches, shakespeare experts, heads of theatre companies and much much more. To give you as much insight into improving your craft and learning about the industry as we could squeeze in.
WAIT LIST NOW OPEN
Our previous 14 courses have all completely sold out! We want this next course to be crazy personal so we are only taking 12 actors in the drama school. With everything going on in the world at the moment we will be opening up this course at a special time to help actors who are feeling isolated and want to work on their craft.
Money Back Guarantee
There’s absolutely no risk to join. Every course enrolment is backed by our 14-day money-back guarantee.
Sign up for the course today, and if you’re not completely convinced that StageMilk Drama School is as great as we say it is, simply let us know during the first 14 days, and we will refund your entire fee.
Does it matter where I am based?
Not at all! We have students of all ages, backgrounds and experience, from all over the world.
Here’s Everything Else You Need To Know
How to master your voice for stage and screen.
A comprehensive voice warm up for performance and vocal health.
How to build a showreel to send to agents and casting directors.
How to be confident as an actor in both auditions and performance.
A variety of acting techniques to break down any scene, monologue or play.
3 years of drama school compressed down into 8 comprehensive modules.
We learn from a leading movement coach how to use the body to support acting choices.
Learn how to submit and film the perfect self tape audition.
The team at StageMilk.com have developed this course to kick start your acting training and get you on the path to success in the entertainment industry.
This course is fundamentally about two big things…
Training – Learn everything in our 8 week course that would be covered in 3 years of drama school. Super compressed and jam-packed with all the tips/tricks/skills and knowledge we’ve learnt over 10 years in the industry. Plus bullshit free insights on what it’s really like to be an actor! We’re not acting coaches, we’re actors.
Landing Roles – This isn’t a theory-heavy course where you’ll spend all of your time writing essays. In every sense, we want you to act. We will to load you up with everything you need to get started or to conquer the next stage of your professional journey. Once you are fully confident with your acting ability, we will show you how to get out there and start landing the roles you truly want.
We’re really proud of what we’ve made. See you in the course!
Here at StageMilk Drama School, we skip the daunting auditions and strict requirements. We simply wanted to make high quality acting training available to everyone, not just those who have the means and talent to qualify for respected universities.
However, we do require you to have a passion for acting, a desire to learn and grow as an actor, and motivation to thrive in the entertainment industry.
The course outline includes 3 assignments which will provide you with practical feedback that can be carried with you on your acting journey. We will also work with you through live chats and group discussions which will allow you to engage with the teachers and fellow students on a simple, online platform.
You will also require a video camera to record 3 monologue/mock audition pieces. This may be a webcam or mobile phone, it doesn’t need to be fancy.
What to expect…
From the 30th of January, we will send out a weekly email with a link for you to check out the new course material on the StageMilk Drama School website. In your own time during the week you can go over the videos and module materials and take in the lesson.
The course commences on Monday September 18th 2023 and will run for 8 weeks.
We keep class sizes to a maximum of 12 so we can keep it super personal and get to know each of you and help you along your acting journey,
StageMilk Drama School was founded on the premise that high quality, industry standard, acting training should be affordable and available to everyone who wishes to access it.
Having grown StageMilk.com to be one of the world’s largest acting websites, we wanted to make something even more amazing. So we assembled a team of experts and teachers to provide you with insightful information that will take your acting career to the next level and really give an acting career your best shot.
Some of the concepts covered in the course include voice and movement mastery, understanding scripts and scenes and how to nail an audition.
This course is jam-packed with some seriously heavy hitters in the industry and a truly staggering amount of valuable information for you to digest and work on.
Some notable experts in the course…
- We have the former head of acting at WAAPA, Australia’s leading drama school.
- One of the most renowned headshot photographers in Australia and her tips on how to perfect your headshots
- A showreel expert who explains how to master that very important video
- Australia’s leading movement coach
- Australia’s leading voice coach
- A shakespeare theatre director from one of the greatest independent theatre companies
- Professional actors who are currently making a living as an actor. We didn’t want big hollywood stars, we wanted relatable actors who have recently gone through and conquered the struggles you might currently be facing.
- And much much more