A few little teasers from the course
Breaking down the story
How to use actions
Take your acting career to the next level
StageMilk Drama School is an online training program that rivals the top real world drama schools. Been acting for a while and don’t know what to do next? This is the next step…
A Practical Course
Learn the essential habits, principals and techniques used by professional actors. A no fat, easy to follow 8 week drama school.
This is an interactive course. Throughout the weeks we will give you detailed feedback on your work to make sure you are developing as an actor.
We Are Here For You
We are available anytime you need us throughout the course, have a question or need help? Simply email, message or live chat with us whenever you need.
A sneak peek at how the course looks inside…
How to master you voice for stage and screen.
A comprehensive voice warm up for performance and vocal health.
How to build a showreel to send to agents and casting directors.
How to be confident as an actor in both auditions and performance.
A variety of acting techniques to break down any scene, monologue or play.
3 years of drama school compressed down into 8 comprehensive modules.
We learn from a leading movement coach how to use the body to support acting choices.
Learn how to submit and film the perfect self tape audition.
The team at StageMilk.com have developed this course to kick start your acting training and get you on the path to success in the entertainment industry.
This course is fundamentally about two big things…
Training – Learn everything in our 8 week course that would be covered in 3 years of drama school. Super compressed and jam-packed with all the tips/tricks/skills and knowledge we’ve learnt over 10 years in the industry. Plus bullshit free insights on what it’s really like to be an actor! We’re not acting coaches, we’re actors.
Landing Roles – We want to load you up with everything you need to start you on your professional journey. Once you are confident with your acting ability, we want you to get out there and start landing roles.
We’re really proud of what we’ve made. See you in the course!
Here at StageMilk Drama School, we skip the daunting auditions and strict requirements. We simply wanted to make high quality acting training available to everyone, not just those who have the means and talent to qualify for respected universities.
However, we do require you to have a passion for acting, a desire to learn and grow as an actor, and motivation to thrive in the entertainment industry.
The course outline includes 3 assignments which will provide you with practical feedback that can be carried with you on your acting journey. We will also work with you through live chats and group discussions which will allow you to engage with the teachers and fellow students on a simple, online platform.
You will also require a video camera to record 3 monologue/mock audition pieces. This may be a webcam or mobile phone, it doesn’t need to be fancy.
What to expect…
From the 18th of September, we will send out a weekly email with a link for you to check out the new course material on the StageMilk Drama School website. In your own time during the week you can go over the videos and module materials and take in the lesson.
You will then be asked to do some work on your own and post about it on the group page and discuss with Luke and Andy.
The course commences on Monday September 18th and will run until 13th November.
The enrolment cut-off date is Saturday September 16th.
We keep it to a maximum of 20 students per enrolment so we can devote enough quality time to each student.
StageMilk Drama School was founded on the premise that high quality, industry standard, acting training should be affordable and available to everyone who wishes to access it.
Having grown StageMilk.com to be one of the world’s largest acting websites, we wanted to make something even more amazing. So we assembled a team of experts and teachers to provide you with insightful information that will take your acting career to the next level and really give an acting career your best shot.
Some of the concepts covered in the course include voice and movement mastery, understanding scripts and scenes and how to nail an audition.
This course is jam-packed with some seriously heavy hitters in the industry and a truly staggering amount of valuable information for you to digest and work on.
Some notable experts in the course…
- We have the former head of acting at WAAPA, Australia’s leading drama school.
- One of the most renowned headshot photographers in Australia and her tips on how to perfect your headshots
- A showreel expert who explains how to master that very important video
- Australia’s leading movement coach
- Australia’s leading voice coach
- A shakespeare theatre director from one of the greatest independent theatre companies
- Professional actors who are currently making a living as an actor. We didn’t want big hollywood stars, we wanted relatable actors who have recently gone through and conquered the struggles you might currently be facing.
- And much much more
THE WEEKLY MODULES
Click each module below to see more about each week!
Week 1 - Discovery Week
- We get to know you as an actor. We get to see where you’re at as an actor and what your specific goals are.
- This week includes your first project – an audition monologue. We give you detailed, personalised feedback on your acting, so you can start improving straight away.
- We dive into the acting process and get your development started. We look at some of the core acting philosophies and hear from our first acting expert Chris Edmund.
- Learn how to nail audition monologues with our 10 monologue tips. You’re auditions will never be the same again!
Week 2 - Voice
- Master the fundamentals of voice: breath, support, resonance, articulation and forward placement.
- Learn to use your voice confidently in any space and on any text.
- An expert tutorial with leading voice coach Gabrielle Rogers.
- A comprehensive vocal warm up that can be used for a lifetime.
Week 3 - Movement
- Learn to be confident, and comfortable in your body.
- We teach you movement techniques that improve your acting.
- A physical warm up that will benefit your acting straight away. We teach you practical exercises to improve flexibility, expression and strength.
- Movement is an integral part of acting training and we get one of the best movement coaches in the country to explain how to be a better mover.
Week 4 - Shakespeare
- Master Shakespearean language and take on the challenge of Shakespeare.
- Be confident acting the classics and learn some of the core acting techniques using a Shakespeare monologue.
- Learn acting techniques for the stage. Improve your acting craft on complex text and be confident auditioning and performing Shakespeare.
Week 5 - Plays
- Practical acting techniques to add into your acting toolbox. Be confident approaching any scene or monologue.
- Explore acting techniques through contemporary/modern texts. We explore the 5 essential acting concepts.
- We cut the fat and show you our favourite acting tips, tricks and insights.
Week 6 - Script Work
- How to break down any scene for stage or screen.
- How to be a detective and work out a character so that your performance comes to life.
- Take a script from first read to finished performance.
- We work through a scene using all the major acting techniques. You will have all the resources you need to nail any scene.
Week 7 - Screen
- Screen acting basics. Learn how to act for camera.
- Technical tricks to nail screen roles. Learn how acting for camera is different from stage.
- Get comfortable and confident in front of the camera so that you can start landing film and TV roles.
Week 8 - Landing Roles
- How to overcome nerves and audition with confidence.
- Learn how to audition for Commercials, TV, Film and Theatre.
- Master the art of self testing (auditioning from home).
- Everything you need to know to start landing serious acting roles.
- We give you some great insights into how to have a sustainable career and remain happy and healthy in what can often be a challenging industry.
TEACHERS & EXPERTS
Actor / Producer / Director
There are only 20 students in each class. Join us today to take your acting to the next level! The course begins today, sign up to get immediate access to the course.
Money Back Guarantee
There’s absolutely no risk to join. Every course enrolment is backed by our 30-day money-back guarantee.
Sign up for the course today, and if you’re not completely convinced that StageMilk Drama School is as great as we say it is, simply let us know during the first 30 days, and we will refund your entire fee.
We look forward to seeing you in the course.
Learn at your own Pace
On the Monday of each week you will gain access to that weeks course materials which you can work through at your own pace and have access to for a lifetime.
Watch on any device
Learn the way you want to learn. We have made this course work beautifully on tablets, mobiles and desktop computers so you can learn from anywhere.
Fun and Interactive
As part of this course you will get to know both Luke and Andrew, as well as the other like minded actors from around the World in our private Facebook group discussion.
Does it matter where I am based?
No, the course is all online, our current course has students of all ages from the following countries…
Have any more questions?
Feel free to chat with us at any time by pressing the chat icon on the right hand side, or by pressing the button below.
See what our students are saying!
Drama School Graduates are kicking life and career goals.
“This course was exactly what I was looking for and there is nothing else quite like it online. In person courses I’ve taken have not even touched on what you’ve developed here. I will cherish this information for a lifetime. You have met and exceeded my expectations!! ”
Michael – Edmonton, USA.
“You two are wonderful, really truly! I have loved this course so much! I adore the personal touch, more than I can put into writing and will most likely be contacting you in the near future with a myriad of questions that will come popping into my head as I delve more into the acting world.”
Alyxandra – Perth, Australia.
“I can gladly say I am happy with my progress and it’s all down to how brilliant you both were. I will have boundless things to think about and so many great new ways to implement your teachings into my performances.”
Jasmine – Sydney, Australia.
So you want to be an actor?
You’ve wanted to be an actor for as long as you can remember and you don’t know what the next step is.
Sign up today and start your journey
We want to help you take the next step in your acting career. We want to get you confident, skilled and ready to start nailing professional auditions and roles.